Heating Company in Waseca Minnesota
If you find yourself without a properly-functioning furnace during the middle of a Minnesota winter, you need the best heating company in Waseca – Owatonna Heating and Cooling! Our 24-hour emergency service will help get your home or office back to comfortable, safe temperatures. We work with both residential and commercial customers in Waseca Minnesota and can service all brands and models of HVAC equipment including the finest Carrier products. As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we consistently adhere to the highest national standards of service. If you want the best in the business, call Owatonna Heating and Cooling whenever you need cooling or heating repair in Waseca.
Troubleshooting a Broken Furnace: The Pilot Light
The pilot light is a critical component to a gas furnace. It keeps the furnace running and is a common culprit in calls for heater service Waseca for broken heating units. A draft can cause the pilot light to go out on a furnace. If this happens, the easy solution to the issue is to relight the pilot light. The manufacture usually attaches instructions for relighting the pilot light to the side of the furnace. However, if they are not provided, follow these steps to relight your pilot light.
- Find the pilot light assembly. This has a gas valve with on, off, and pilot settings. This controls the flow of gas to the furnace.
- Turn this valve to off. If the pilot has been out for any amount of time, there can be gas build up that needs to diffuse into the air. Wait at least five seconds. Not doing so could cause a back fire and result in serious injury.
- Switch the valve to pilot. Light a match and hold it to the opening while pushing the reset button. Once the flame is lit, turn the valve to on.
If the pilot light will not stay lit, the valve is probably clogged. You can troubleshoot this issue by cleaning the pilot valve. Turn the gas off and use a piece of wire to clean and unclog the pilot. If this doesn’t work, you probably have a broken pilot which can be caused by a faulty thermocouple or any other number of issues. At this point it is probably time to call Owatonna Heating and Cooling.
Furnace Maintenance and Service
Waseca winters can be work your furnace overtime, but you can minimize the need for troublesome heater repairs by arranging for annual furnace tune-ups. Furnace tune-ups generally consist of a thorough cleaning and inspection of the unit as well as various maintenance tasks that should be performed by a professional. Our technicians are expertly trained to provide quality Waseca heater service and maintenance functions such as:
- Checking heat exchangers for cracks or wear.
- Ensuring the blower access door has a tight seal at the furnace.
- Lubricating the moving parts.
- Inspecting the belts, drainage system, and vent system.
- Examining the wiring and performing an amp-draw test on the blower motor.
- Verifying the thermostat calibration, testing safety controls, and more.
The professional and reliable staff and technicians here at Owatonna Heating and Cooling are prepared to take care of all of your furnace needs, so give us a call today.
Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer
Nate Certified Technicians
Fewer callbacks and warranty returns
Reliable, and competent service
Proper installation resulting in fewer problems
Equipment operating at top performance
Knowledgeable insight and advice to help you find the ideal HVAC solution for your space
Less worry and peace of mind knowing the job was done right
Whether you are having a new system installed, or are in need of simple maintenance, calling a NATE-certified technician is your best bet for receiving the best available service. When you schedule an appointment with your dealer, be sure that a NATE tech will be fulfilling your service request.